Between the Bison Meats, Special Events like Dance in the Buff, the Dirty Dan Magee Burger or Steak Fry designed for the Motor Coach Industry, we here at Terry Bison Ranch Resort try to offer every group something fun. Let our family take care of your family.
When you visit Terry Bison Ranch Resort in Cheyenne, WY, you'll never get bored. Take a ride on our well-known bison train tour! You get to see bison up close and personal in a safe environment, while also getting a tour of history about the ranch.
You and your family can choose your favorite group activities and have a full day of fun here. You may even get the chance to do something you've never tried before.
Always wanted to go horseback riding? Interested in seeing bison up close and personal? Visit us today to do it all.
It's important to us that everyone who visits Terry Bison Ranch Resort has a great time. That's why we've designed group activities for people of all ages and ability levels. You can try:
- Bison train tours
- Horseback riding
- Pony riding
Not sure which is right for you? Contact us today to learn more about all the activities we have to offer.
If you want to see the bison, this narrated tour is the way to go. You will ride one of our custom-built trains. You will also see ostriches, camels, and other fun farm production animals. Don’t forget your camera. Departure times are 9:00AM, 12:00PM, 3:00PM, 4:30PM Limited seating on each tour
Ages 4-12 $10.00
3 and under FREE
Bison cake treats $5 per bag
- 1st unit went into operation in 2004
- We currently have 6 locomotives
- Tours run everyday of the year except Christmas Day
- Trains run on standard gauge rail
- Handicap accessible
- Train crosses into Colorado during tour
- Group tours are welcome
RESERVATIONS ARE NOT AVAILABLE - FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE
Take a one hour guided trail ride. Gentle horses for the first time riders are available. Must be 8 years of age or older to ride, weigh less than 250lbs and be able to mount the horse unassisted. Departure times are 9:00AM, 10:30AM, 12:00PM, 1:30PM, 3PM, & 4:30PM.
One Hour Trail ($90.00 per person or $80 for groups of 5 or more)
2 hour guides can be scheduled upon availability, please contact Trading Post for pricing
Rain, snow, or shine.
- Available any day except Christmas
- You must be at least 8 years old
- Riders cannot exceed 250 lbs
- 1 hour rides available year round
- Seasonal Departure Times: 10:30AM, & 1:30PM
- 2 hour meal rides available during summer season
- Please call for availability & pricing
- Rides depart regardless the weather
- Group tours are available
- Gentle horses for beginning riders
- No double riding allowed
- Must ride ranch horses, NO personal horses permitted
Available to cowpokes ages 2yrs to 8yrs. Come back to the Trading Post for your "Official Cowboy or Cowgirl Certificate!" 10:00AM to 4:00PM
- Can take out up to 5 kids at a time
- An array of other activities
- Birthday packages available
- No catch and release permitted
- Private lake so no license is needed
- You must supply your own tackle
- Available from April 1st till lake freezes
- Stocked each spring with Rainbow Trout
- There is a 3 fish limit. after that it's an extra cost per fish you catch (price varies).
Start out at the Trading Post and head down the hill, past the Train Depot, and head over to the pens. Enjoy the Alpacas, the Ostrich and many other farm animals. Take a walk up our catwalk and watch the antics of the goats from above. The adventures when you wish.