When you visit Terry Bison Ranch Resort in Cheyenne, WY, you'll never get bored. Take a ride on our well-known bison train tour! You get to see bison up close and personal in a safe environment, while also getting a tour of history about the ranch.
You and your family can choose your favorite group activities and have a full day of fun here. You may even get the chance to do something you've never tried before.
Always wanted to ride an ATV or go horseback riding? Interested in seeing bison up close and personal? Visit us today to do it all.
It's important to us that everyone who visits Terry Bison Ranch Resort has a great time. That's why we've designed group activities for people of all ages and ability levels. You can try:
- Bison train tours
- Horseback riding
- ATV tours
- Pony riding
If you want to see the bison, this narrated tour is the way to go. You will ride one of our custom-built trains. You will also see ostriches, camels, and other fun farm production animals. Don’t forget your camera. Departure times are 9:00AM, 12:00PM, 3:00PM, 4:00PM. Limited seating on each tour
Ages 4-12 $9.00
3 and under FREE
- 1st unit went into operation in 2004
- We currently have 6 locomotives
- Tours run everyday of the year except Christmas Day
- Trains run on standard gauge rail
- Handicap accessible
- Train crosses into Colorado during tour
- Group tours are welcome
Take a one hour guided trail ride. Gentle horses for the first time riders are available. Must be 8 years of age or older to ride, weigh less than 250lbs and be able to mount the horse unassisted.
Departure Times: Seasonal, please call Trading Post 307-634-4171.
One Hour Trail ($60.00)
Two hour horse back trail rides go out at 10:30AM and 1:30PM
Two Hour Trail: ($110.00)
+ Breakfast ($125.00)
Rain, snow, or shine.
- Available any day except Christmas
- You must be at least 8 years old
- Riders cannot exceed 250 lbs
- 1 hour rides available year round
- 2 hour meal rides available during summer season
- Rides depart regardless the weather
- Group tours are available
- Gentle horses for beginning riders
- No double riding allowed
- Must ride ranch horses, NO personal horses permitted
Available to cowpokes ages 2yrs to 8yrs. Come back to the Trading Post for your "Official Cowboy or Cowgirl Certificate!" 10:00AM to 4:00PM
- Can take out up to 5 kids at a time
- An array of other activities
- Birthday packages available
Take a 2-hour trail ride and then back to the Senator's Restaurant for a great meal. Available May 1st through September 30th. Breakfast ride is $125.00 and departs at 8:00am. Dinner ride is $135.00 and departs at 4:30pm. What a deal! If you do not want the meal the 2 hour ride is $110.00 per person. Sign up at the trading post at least 10 minutes before departure time or the day before. For the breakfast ride please call the day before as Trading Post is not open prior to departure time of 8:00AM.
Breakfast ride is $125.00 per person at the Tombstone Cafe
Dinner ride is $135.00 per person at the Senator's Steakhouse
Just ride is $110.00 per person
Open year round! One hour ATV tours around the ranch property. Great way to get out and see the countryside. During the off-season please contact the Trading Post for an off-schedule tour.
Tour times begin at 10:00AM, 12:00PM, 2:00PM and 4:00PM.
$79.00 per driver, $69.00 per rider.
Driver must hold valid driver's license, Passengers must be 5 years or older.
- No catch and release permitted
- Private lake so no license is needed
- You must supply your own tackle
- Available from April 1st till lake freezes
- Stocked each spring with Rainbow Trout
- Senator's Will clean and cook for $15.00 plus the cost of any sides you may wish.
There is a 3 fish limit. after that it's an extra cost per fish you catch (price varies).
Start out at the Trading Post and head down the hill, past the Train Depot, and head over to the pens. Enjoy the Alpacas, the Ostrich and many other farm animals. Take a walk up our catwalk and watch the antics of the goats from above. The adventures when you wish.